The Queensland Department of Education trading as: Education Queensland International (EQI) CRICOS Registration Number 00608A.
Welcome to Kirwan State High School
Kirwan State High School is located in the beautiful regional city of Townsville in North Queensland. The city boasts more than 300 days of sunshine a year and the area is surrounded by natural beauty - tropical islands, the Great Barrier Reef, rainforests and beaches. Kirwan State High School's international student program has been active since 2006, and the school has hosted hundreds of international students. Each year the school welcomes students from all over the world and offers different programs.
- Regional studies abroad - short term stays for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months
- High School Certificate - Students complete Year 11 and 12
- Study tours program - 1 to 2 week visits for students
- Student exchange programs - 1 year stays through AFS, Rotary or EF Student Exchange.
The school aims to instil global citizenship, tolerance and inclusion among all staff and students. The international program brings a greater international focus to our curriculum and school culture.
Kirwan State High School offers a broad range of study options that cater for diverse interests and future pathways in a caring and friendly learning environment. Students also have the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular activities, including:
- Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays International Camp
- EQI Holiday Programs
- Athleteics and Swimming Carnival
- School Musical and Orchestral Brands
Use the links provided to make contact with EQI, apply to study, become a Homestay provider or find more information.
International student handbook