Kirwan State High School is located in the beautiful regional city of Townsville located in North Queensland. The City boasts more than 300 days of sunshine a year and the area is surrounded by natural beauty - tropical islands, the Great Barrier Reef, rainforests and beaches.
Kirwan State High School's International Student Program has been active since 2006, and the school has hosted hundreds of international students. Each year the school welcomes students from all over the world and offers different programs. These include:
- Regional Studies Abroad - short term stays for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months
- Study Tours Program - 1 to 4 week visits for students from Japan and South Korea
- Student Exchange Programs - 1 year stays through AFS, Rotary or EF Student Exchange.
The school aims to instil cultural understanding, tolerance and inclusion among all staff and students through our global citizen focus. The International Program brings a greater international focus to our curriculum and school culture.
Kirwan State High School offers a broad range of study options that cater for diverse intrests and future pathways in a caring and friendly learning environment. Students also have the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular activities, including:
- Barbeque on the Strand (sea front)
- Outdoor Waterpark
- Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays
- Charters Towers - a trip to historic mining town
- Cultural Week
Use the links provided to make contact with EQI, apply to study, become a Homestay provider or find more information.
View the Student Orientation First day (PPT, 2693 KB) here.
International Student Handbook
This Handbook covers general student information and policies including behaviour and uniform as well as some expectations on studying in Australia.